Read More News
The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region is a community-based, social profit organization. We offer services and support to people and their families who have experienced sexual violence. In addition to support services, we’re committed to preventing sexual violence through education and social justice work.
We are seeking the involvement of leaders within our community to advance our mission and vision. We have a particular need for women with expertise in accounting and fundraising. In addition to this, we are seeking individuals who:
- Are truly passionate about contributing to SASC’s mission and vision;
- Represent the incredible diversity of Waterloo Region, including, but not limited to survivors of sexual violence, racialized women, First Nation, Metis and Inuit women, LGBTQ women, and women with disabilities;
- Have a familiarity with principles relating to not-for-profit governance and strategic planning;
- Are prepared to participate in the identification and recruitment of new Directors;
- Are prepared to personally participate in philanthropy initiatives including the recruitment of prospective donors/sponsors to increase community engagement;
- Are able to commit to participating in approximately 10 meetings (typically 2 hours in length) each year;
- Are able to commit to participating on at least one Board Committee.
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteer leaders, please contact our Executive Director (email@example.com) by March 20 2017. We look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity. You can make a difference.
Accepting Applications to our Board of Directors!
Feb 17 2017