Counsellor / Advocate Position
The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region supports survivors of sexual violence. We listen, facilitate healing, and celebrate resiliency. Using an intersectional feminist approach, we work to transform systems which promote gender-based violence.
We are currently recruiting a full-time Counsellor/Advocate. Reporting to our Manager of Counselling Services, the successful candidate should feel inspired by our work and have a genuine desire to support our mission, vision and values. They will be an experienced Counsellor, with a warmth about them that helps foster a safe, supportive environment for survivors.
Women reflecting the incredible diversity of our community are especially encouraged to apply.
Essential Requirements of Education / Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a counselling-related program
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Individual and group counselling with adult survivors of sexual violence
- Advocacy and accompaniments with survivors of sexual violence
- Maintenance of client files and statistics
- Support with intake, as required
- Student supervision, as required
- Participation in the development of our Counsellor/Advocate Program
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Knowledge of sexual violence, trauma, recovery
- Proven skills in counselling, group facilitation, crisis intervention, and advocacy with survivors of sexual violence
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-violence work and an intersectional feminist approach
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Office hours are 9:00AM to 4:30PM however some flexibility is required for evening, and occasional weekend work. Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Salary: $46,920 to $55,201 annually, 35 hours/week plus health benefits and a generous vacation package
Please submit an updated resume, complete with cover letter, no later than noon on May 1st 2017 here: https://charityvillage.com/jobs/search-results/job-detail.aspx?id=360359
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or email inquiries please.