SASC supports those who have been sexually assaulted as children or as adults by providing free of charge:
- a 24-hour support line maintained by volunteers trained to respond to the needs of those who have been sexually assaulted and/or those who support them (i.e., friends/relatives)
- feminist counselling and advocacy (individual and group support for survivors 16 years of age and older)
- information and referrals which assist survivors in accessing counsellors, physicians, lawyers, dentists, non-traditional practitioners and other resource people who are sensitive to the issues of sexual assault
- accompaniments to court, hospital, police station and other hearings or appointments needed to support women who have been sexually assaulted
- subsidies for childcare and transportation to ensure accessibility to the above services
- emergency practical assistance
Our support is individualized. We provide services that are adaptable and responsive to the special needs of individuals and their families.
Our services are strictly confidential.